City Maps
舟山島全圖
Complete Map of Zhoushan IslandHanyu Pinyin | Zhoushan Dao quan tu |
---|---|
Date | After the 21st year of Qing Daoguang’s reign, 1841-. |
Measurement | |
Techniques | Ink and color manuscript |
Material | paper |
Quantity | |
Categories | |
Country of Repository | |
Identifier | British Library |
Link to Original Database | http://explore.bl.uk/primo_library/... |
Notes | Add. MS. 17327 |
Share |
No title appears on this map; the title applied here is based on content. No scale or legend is given; orientation is marked along the borders on all four sides with north at the top. The map depicts geographic features of Zhoushan Island, including mountains, rivers, waterways, bridges, flood seasons, and major roads. Roads between mountains are indicated in red dotted lines. Dinghai town on the bottom left is represented by defensive walls and gates. Another significant landmark on the map is the rammed-earth walls between Qingleitou and Zhushangmen.
The original Dinghai County in Ningbo Prefecture, Zhejiang Province was renamed as Zhenhai County in the 26th year of Kangxi’s reign, 1687, and the name of Dinhai County was later applied to a newly established county in Zhoushan Island. Based on the name changes and the description of the rammed-earth defensed walls, the map may have been drawn after the 21st year of Qing Daoguang’s reign, 1841.
This map can be contrasted with the following maps in the National Palace Museum’s collection: Hai tu (map no. 020865); Ge sheng yan hai kou ai quan tu (map no. 020867); Zhejiang Ningbo Fu di yu tu shuo (map no. 020965); Zhejiang Ningbo Fu dao li tu (map no. 021491); Zhejiang Ningbo Fu shu di li yu tu (map no. 021510); Zhejiang Fujian yan hai hai fang tu (map no. 020869); Yan hai an chang tu (map no. 020868); Zhejiang Shaoxing Fu shu di li yu tu (map no. 020966); Zhejiang Shaoxing Fu di yu tu shuo (map no. 021309); and the Library of Congress collection: Zheijiang quan tu (gm 71005029); Zheijiang quan tu (gm 96685902); Jiang hai quan tu (gm 71005059); Hai jiang yang jie xing shi tu (gm 71005021); Qi sheng yan hai quan tu (gm 71005064); Zhejiang yan hai yao kou quan tu (gm 2002626763).
The original Dinghai County in Ningbo Prefecture, Zhejiang Province was renamed as Zhenhai County in the 26th year of Kangxi’s reign, 1687, and the name of Dinhai County was later applied to a newly established county in Zhoushan Island. Based on the name changes and the description of the rammed-earth defensed walls, the map may have been drawn after the 21st year of Qing Daoguang’s reign, 1841.
This map can be contrasted with the following maps in the National Palace Museum’s collection: Hai tu (map no. 020865); Ge sheng yan hai kou ai quan tu (map no. 020867); Zhejiang Ningbo Fu di yu tu shuo (map no. 020965); Zhejiang Ningbo Fu dao li tu (map no. 021491); Zhejiang Ningbo Fu shu di li yu tu (map no. 021510); Zhejiang Fujian yan hai hai fang tu (map no. 020869); Yan hai an chang tu (map no. 020868); Zhejiang Shaoxing Fu shu di li yu tu (map no. 020966); Zhejiang Shaoxing Fu di yu tu shuo (map no. 021309); and the Library of Congress collection: Zheijiang quan tu (gm 71005029); Zheijiang quan tu (gm 96685902); Jiang hai quan tu (gm 71005059); Hai jiang yang jie xing shi tu (gm 71005021); Qi sheng yan hai quan tu (gm 71005064); Zhejiang yan hai yao kou quan tu (gm 2002626763).